Brew Controller: Assembly

I made some more progress on my electric brew control panel this past weekend. I got everything mounted and ready for wiring. Just some small tweaks and a few more parts and I can mount it to the wall and take it for a spin and brew some beer.

This week I’ve been working some on the HMI that I’ll be running on the Raspberry Pi. I’m not changing a ton of the layout, just getting more of the Modbus Registers added and configured. I’m going to use the spare outputs on the PID controllers to drive the SSRs for the pump motors. These Eurotherm PIDs have a Current transformer input that can monitor the current going through the heating elements. This will help show if the SSR is shorted and also I can guesstimate instantaneous power.